What is React.js?
What is Vue.js?
Advantages of React.js:
When comparing ReactJS vs VueJS we should consider the benefits and weaknesses of both technologies. Here are the chief pros of React that make it stand out from other frameworks.
- Virtual DOM: React uses a virtual document object model, which means that every DOM object has a corresponding virtual DOM twin that is like a lightweight copy of the former. Virtual DOM significantly improves manipulation capabilities and makes the process easier and faster.
- Vibrant Community: React has a large community of developers all around the globe who regularly contribute to the development of the library, adding new helpful features.
- Superb Scalability: Thanks to its flexible structure, React.js is a perfect choice for large-scale web applications.
- Reliable Patronage: There are Facebook and its whole team of seasoned developers who constantly work on React to make it even better for businesses and themselves.
- Different Platforms: React is applicable to different platforms and is quite a good choice both for native mobile and web development. It offers React Native — a mobile application framework that allows for cross-platform development of apps that can run both on iOS and Android.
- Sufficient Flexibility: React.js is quite a flexible and responsive web framework.
Disadvantages of React.js:
- Tough Learning Curve: The most notable disadvantage of React.js is that it has a less intuitive syntax comparing to Vue. It has a difficult learning curve that includes a long and wearisome setup process. A developer should possess a profound understanding of the technology to actually be able to create a good app.
Popular Companies That Use React.js
The following companies use React for their web projects and you definitely recognize them all:
Advantages of Vue.js
Vue framework has more modest download rates compared to its competitor, but it is still a choice of many developers, especially when creating single-page web apps. To understand why Vue js is better than React (and whether it is such at all), let’s see the advantages that it can offer.
- Easy Integration: Vue can be integrated into any application that is based on JS. In this manner, the framework allows not only creating new products but also improving the existing ones.
- Powerful Tool Set: The framework has a solid tooling ecosystem that is able to satisfy if not any then most of the development needs.
- Virtual DOM: As well as React, Vue utilizes virtual DOM which helps to achieve great speed and performance.
- Flawless Performance: Vue helps to produce lightweight products that tend to have greater performance compared to other frameworks.
- Easy to Use: The framework uses HTML-based templates that are familiar both to beginners and experienced programmers, which makes it much easier to use from the very beginning. Moreover, Vue offers well-written documentation that facilitates the learning curve.
- Community Backup: Vue is maintained by the programmers' community, which means that every update is meant to make it even better for the people who use this technology on a regular basis.
- Adaptability: Everything from reusable templates to coherent structure and easy migration capabilities make Vue one of the best JS frameworks.
Disadvantages of Vue.js
- Language Barrier: Vue is first of all extremely popular in China, which means that a substantial part of forum discussions and other content is written in Chinese. Not the best thing if you speak only English.
- Troubles at Large Scale: Vue is relatively young and does not have such a large team of developers or financial investments from large enterprises as React. Lacking this kind of support, Vue is rarely used for large-scale projects.
- Lack of Talents: Though the current year steadily starts solving this issue, there is still a lack of experienced Vue developers in 2020.
Popular Companies That Use Vue.js
Here are some brands built with Vue.js that you definitely know:
Vue.js VS React.js: Head To Head Comparison
Here is a bit closer consideration of the core features of the two competing technologies.
While speed is not the best determinant when comparing Vue.js vs React, performance is what we should consider. Specifically, let’s see the re-rendering features of the two technologies.
As for React, whenever the state of a component experiences a change, it immediately causes the re-rendering of the whole tree of a component. If you do not want some of your subcomponents to be re-rendered, you can still use additional features to avoid it.
In the case of Vue, its mechanism constantly monitors dependencies along the render process and works accordingly. This particular feature improves the overall performance, and it has rightfully made Vue choice developers around the globe.
State Management and Routing
When working with component-based technologies, one has to carefully consider routing and state management before the software development project starts to scale. You should remember that there is a close interaction and shared data between the components.
React came up with a good solution here offering an alternative to popular MVC architecture — Flux architecture and Redux state-management tool. This solution enhances React and supports unidirectional data flow.
Talking about Vue, it offers a slightly better Vuex architecture that is integrated into the framework. It allows you to easily integrate its system of mutations, getters, and actions with your components. Vuex provides programmers with a centralized way to manage the data and offers an easy solution to manipulating it.
Both technologies have superb development environments. Both contestants of Vue JS vs React battle allow developers to easily and quickly cope with the configuration and develop apps that keep up to modern standards. Therefore, as for the development environment, it is likely a draw here since both React and Vue provide comfortable and favorable conditions for software specialists to start the coding process.
JSX and HTML
Vue, in turn, utilizes HTML-based templates to create views. The fact that HTML is familiar both to novice programmers and seasoned specialists makes the learning curve much faster. Moreover, HTML templates are quite advantageous when improving an app to benefit from Vue's reactivity system.
Vue JS vs React JS: Which One to Choose?
Each of these technologies has its strengths and weaknesses and may not fit any project type.
When and Why Vue js is Better Than React?
When we are talking about building a small and fast application that should be flexible to changes, then Vue is likely the winner in the VueJS vs ReactJS competition. Vue allows for creating lightweight products that demonstrate great performance and modern UI.
Besides, Vue might become a breath of fresh air for developers already closely familiar with HTML. The learning curve is faster than in React, and you can train developers within a short period of time.
When to Use React.js over Vue?
React.js is meant for developing large and complex web apps, including marketplaces or e-commerce online platforms. During this long journey, you will be supported by the large and diverse community of developers, thousands of contributors, and those 7 years of continuous development and experience. Over this time, React has grown into a powerful technology that offers a vast variety of libraries and useful tools needed for the realization of complex projects. Besides, you can always use already made available solutions instead of coming up with the one by yourself.
One cannot say that the battle of Vuejs vs React has a particular and indisputable winner. Sometimes a project requires React, and sometimes it is Vue that will hit the nail on the head. Nevertheless, it is undoubtedly that they both are truly powerful and popular technologies, each of which is the best in their own niche.
If you want to learn more about the capabilities of these technologies and how they can be used in your project, feel free to contact the OTAKOYI team.